F a i t h + P h o t o g r a p h y

O n c e U p o n A T i m e


Once upon a time I used to blog. It was my personal outlet to document what was important to me. Then I had babies and my time shifted entirely to being a wife and a mother. I always felt God nudging me to write especially about what He has done in my life.

Just recently my father was Diagnosed with Stage 4 Multiple Myeloma. This has been one of the most difficult storms I have ever faced. Going through the motions of someone who has Cancer is difficult. There are moments when I'm completely at peace with whatever God's will is for my father and then I have my moments when I'm totally and completely human and try and rely on my own understanding which leads me nowhere.

So as I go through this storm I've picked up my pen a lot more. I have begun to write from the place of the storm. I'm doing this because I want to document what it is that helps me cope and have peace and security even when everything around me feels unsure. As always, my storm redirects me back to God. To His love for me and my family. For the understanding that He gives me to face the storm. Our problems in life may not always look the same way, but the common denominator will always be Christ.

My dad has Cancer, but I have Jesus. Because I have Jesus I have His grace. His grace has given me valuable time to spend with my dad. Moments and memories that are meaningful in a whole new way. We have conversations that are healing and purposeful. The conversations we often say we wish we could have had with someone we love, I get the grace and opportunity to have them with my dad.

I see God's love in my dad's sickness and I'm grateful that God has allowed Cancer to be the means by which we have all become closer as a family. The way in which my dad has a new perspective on who and what matters most in life. A time to ask for forgiveness and be forgiven. I know that the Doctors say my dad is sick, but I also know that Christ has already healed two major parts of him and that is his heart and soul! This gives my heart so much joy! I trust that God knows all things work out for those who love the Lord and I know He is working all things out for me. This is called faith and something I'm clinging on more than ever before.

God isn't surprised by the present situation you and I are in. He knew these moments would come to pass and even when they hurt and they don't make sense He is here to make sense of it all. So today I decided that I wanted to write about my story because I know that whatever helps me cope today will hopefully help someone else cope tomorrow. Jesus loves you and I simply wanted to be a remider to you.

Thank you for taking the time and for following me in this journey.

Love,

Lizette
- THEME BY ECLAIR DESIGNS -